Wednesday, August 19, 2009

::what's your colour personality?::

I love quizzes that reveal a piece of myself I'd never thought of in a certain way before. Here, I've stolen Imogen Lamport's link to House Beautiful, which has a quiz that helps you pinpoint what colours inspire you most.

1. What’s the first color you see in the morning? "Homespun Linen" (a light grey) - the colour we've painted our master bedroom to go with the French Grape feature wall behind our bed. Although sometimes the first thing I see is a white and brown combo, if Dora's snout is in my face, reminding me that she needs to go for her morning pee. :)

2. What color are your eyes? Blue with grey undertones

3. What color do you wear the most? Probably brown, although I am very partial to teal and cream

4. What color do you never wear? Yellow - I have two yellow shirts that are just the right shade. But any other shades in that family make me look funny. I actually NEVER wear orange although it does look quite nice with my skin tone.

5. What color do you wear when you want to feel sexy? Black, I suppose. But I have a sexy Grecian gown that's brown and beaded, too.

6. What color gets you the most compliments? Um, green, I think.

7. What color is your lipstick? Wine shine...but I mostly wear just clear lip plumper. I do have a great orange-y red. Lipstick makes my lips look smaller on my round face. Plus, my teeth are unevenly coloured, so it makes them stick out more, too.

8. What color was your living room when you were growing up? Ugh - navy blue wallpaper with little flowers, pink and cream? So '80s.

9. What color was your bedroom when you were growing up? Bubblegum pink! Never let a five-year-old choose her own paint and wallpaper if you don't intend to redecorate until she's 15!

10. What color are your sheets? Crisp white to go with the brown bedding.

11. What color was your favorite crayon as a child? I honestly don't know. I wasn't a fan of crayons.

12. What color is your car? Black.

13. What color was your prom dress? Cream with gold threading

14. What’s your favorite gemstone? Amber - all variations

15. What is your favourite flower? Orchid (my wedding flower)

16. What color makes you happiest? The summertime combo of orange, hot pink and lime green!

17. What color depresses you? Very yellow green - like swampwater (ick)

18. What color calms you? Green

19. What color makes you grind your teeth? Anything flourescent

20. What color would you like to try, but are scared to? I'd love to have a room painted black with ALL white furnishings and frames on the wall. Of course, this room would need glass French doors facing south east, so the natural light would brighten the room.

Clearly, I'm partial to greens and browns - very earth-tone oriented. What is your colour personality?

No comments:

Post a Comment