Wednesday, August 3, 2011

::Darling capelet::

A friend commissioned me to make a gift for a little girl's upcoming third birthday. When contemplating my options, I came across Prudent Baby's adorable reversible capelet. I thought this looked like a fun wardrobe addition a little girl could wear to feel "fancy," in addition to being practical for cool fall/spring evenings.

I love that once you understand the pattern/idea, you can alter it to your heart's content. The ties can be done with ribbon, straps, Velcro, etc. I stuck with the tutorial for my first one and it turned out pretty well, I think! I'll definitely be making one of these for Miss H for next summer. I'd love to make a longer, super hero-type version for a little boy!




Tip Junkie handmade projects

2 comments:

  1. That must be a big pig! Lol - the cape is super adorable though ... you should definitely make one for miss H she can be a little red riding hood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow girl you are so creative! this is adorable! xo

    ReplyDelete