Thursday, January 24, 2008

The purge

Other than quitting the pub, and Facebook, I'm in a major purging and trusting for God's provision phase. I stripped my closet bare last week, cleaned up our room, I'm just realizing that so much "stuff" is actually not making me feel more fulfilled - it's what stresses me out. So I'm responsibly purging all that can stand to go. I think it's the Smithers mentality rubbing off on this Lower Mainland girl. I think the reason Smithers appealed to me so much is the quietness, the stillness of it all. Now that we're not going, it makes me realize I can have the same kind of life here. I just have to be more conscious of what I hold dear. As our wedding verse says, "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." It's proving true right now.

In the same vein, Wayne is also purging - he quit his dream job today ay CN Rail to go back to Vitality. He'll be back to Monday to Friday, the office is 5 minutes from home, we can get back to a regular church schedule (maybe even a LIFE group? GASP!), he'll feel less crappy about how he's being treated and there's lots of room to move up. I am so blessed to have a man whose automatic desire is to do what's best for our family - he's the most unselfish man I've ever met. I just want to see him happy. He is making dinner for me right now. It was my birthday yesterday - 26! - and he left flowers on my chair this morning when I came back into my office from a meeting. I got some real goodies for m'anniversaire and I intend to photograph and post them to show them off. Stand by!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, belated happy birthday! I didn't know it was your b-day!!! ;-)

    Good for you on the purging. Sherman & I are in that mode now too. I'm sorry to hear Wayne had to give up on his dream, but confident that God will reward him/you for doing what is right for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoppy bird-day two ewe, Meghan!!! :D (I'm making a note in my calendar for future reference.)

    I am really proud of you -- not only for the purging you're doing (I know that can be hard), but also because I sense you're going through a time of real growth and that's so exciting!

    Hey... does Wayne have an older brother by any chance? Cousin? Anyone from the same gene pool?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! you're so cute. no he's the youngest and has 2 older sisters. all his cousins are either taken or "not up for grabs." We'll leave it at that.

    Thanks for the bday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thrilled to hear how God is working in both of your lives! It is a testimony and an encouragement to me. I really need to start blogging more.

    ReplyDelete