Saturday, October 9, 2010

::Cake::

Here is my version of the Pumpkin-Carrot Cake I linked to in the previous post. I had Joy the Baker's Chewy Ginger Chocolate Chip cookies in the fridge from earlier in the week and decided, instead of eating them all myself, I should use them to decorate the cake. I cut them in half and aligned the flat edges with the cake platter to create a scalloped ginger cookie fringe.


When I finished icing the cake, I contemplated using the leftover icing to slather between two cookies and freeze to make a sort of Thanksgiving ice cream sandwich. Times 10. However, I restrained myself, put the rest of the cookies on a serving dish, and will take them to the Kings' house tomorrow to offer along with the cake. My thighs will thank me later.


Here's is Kraft's version of the cake, much more plain with just cinnamon sticks on top. 


Let's hope it tastes good!


No comments:

Post a Comment