Friday, September 5, 2008

Friday love list, a la Sharon

Inspired by Sharon – a Friday “love list”:

Song you love: Right now, I’d have to say Hosanna by Hillsong United.
My favourite part is the bridge:

Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me

Break my heart from what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdom’s cause
As I go from nothing to
Eternity

Word you love: I’m currently a fan of saying “supermarket,” rather than “grocery store.” Very American, I know, but I’m trying to broaden my horizons. Angela at work brought up another good one today: “chesterfield,” instead of “couch.” That’s commitment right there, folks.

Academic subject you love: I really loved Media and Society – could’ve been because our instructor was so awesome.

Hobby you love: Cooking…and decorating. But cooking’s cheaper, so I tend to lean toward that one. I love cooking the best when there’s someone waiting for a hot meal. That’s a deadline-driven journalism grad for ya!

Type of baked good you love: Anything chocolate – and fresh croissants. Mmmmmm…

Type of sky you love: Streaked with the magical colours of a summer sunset hovering over the Pacific.

Beverage you love: Currently digging vitao, by Nestea. Favourite flavour: mandarin white tea.

Vacation you love: Europe. Haha. No seriously, though. I would move to Germany in a heartbeat.

Restaurant you love: The Harbour House on Crescent Beach...before it was taken over by Lebanese people, who changed the wicked West Coast menu. :(
Now, I'd say Cielo's on White Rock beach, or Capone's, on Hamilton.

Way of getting around that you love: Dreaming. :)

Person you love: Wayne. I miss him terribly.

Room in your home you love: I’m loving our main floor (all one room) more and more. I finally hung drapes and bought a new rug – it’s becoming very stylie!

Movie you love: The Notebook. ‘Nuff said. (sniff)

Book you love: I really loved The Birth House and Clara Callan. Any reasonably modern Canadian fiction is good for me!

City you love: Vancouver, B.C. No matter where we move to, this will always be my home. I’d still love to own a condo on Beach Ave. or in Yaletown one day.

Future plan you love: Babies. (sigh) I can’t enough of ‘em.

Form of communication you love: Writing. Duh.

Junk food you love: Dark chocolate. 70% or higher. Yum.

1 comment:

  1. Chocolate and croissants - yumm! :) I love your list!

    ReplyDelete